Focused On Training
1 Day CPD Course
HS03: CLAIMS AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION' IN ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS Who Should Attend?
Date: 10 June 2008 21 July 2008
Time: 8.30 am - 5.00 pm
Venue: Kuala Lumpur
This is an intensive course comprising two main modules/sessions on the topics of Claims and Dispute Resolutions.
The course is intended to be more of a workshop involving active participation by the attendees especially during the Q&A Sessions
Site personnel e.g. site agents, clerk-of-works, technical assistants, etc
Project Specialists e.g. schedulers, construction managers, etc.
Our Distinguished Speaker
Ir Harbans Singh
He is an Engineer, Chartered Arbitrator, Mediator, Conciliator and Advocate & Solocitor. He commenced his career with the Public Works Department prior to joining an international German consultancy practice with whom he worked locally and then in Kobienz as a designer, resident engineer and contract administrator. Ir Harbans is the recipient of a number of awards, including IEM's Tan Sri Hj Yusoff Prize for an outstanding technical paper (2001), the Cedric Barclay Award and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrator's Award for the Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration Examination (Oxford 2003). Ir Harbans is also the author of a series of four books entitled "Engineering and Construction Contracts Management", a contributor to 'The Malaysian Standard Precedents and Forms" and a regular speaker at courses and seminars
The principal aim of the above course is to expose the participants to:
• The substantive issues pertaining to Claims and Dispute Resolutions.
• The prevailing provisions in the more commonly occurring Standard Forms of Conditions of Contract pertaining to the instant subject, their nature, effects and limitations.
• The important procedures vis-à-vis the types, nature, procedures and effects of Claims and Dispute Resolutions.
• The legalities pertaining to the topics under consideration inclusive of the review of the relevant case law.
• Principal Claimants
• Categorization of Claims
• Common Heads of Claims
• Express Contract Provisions
• The Claim Process
• Resolution of Claims
• Review of relevant case law
2. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
• Main Sources of Disputes
• Reasons for Disputes
• Principal Disputants
• Traditional Dispute Resolution Methods
• Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods
• Typical Provisions
• Miscellaneous Matters
• Review of Case Law
CPD point will be applied with relevant professional bodies in Malaysia |BEM|BQSM|
RM 450.00 per pax
Click HERE to download registration form.
Closing date is one week prior to the course progamme's date
017-6450 540 (zahidah)
017-3635628 (ahmad fhirdaus) download flyer in zip.file
If you do not wish to receive further news or mailings from www.nzmctc.com click here to unsubscribe.
Copyright © 2008 NZM Corporate Training Consultants Sdn. Bhd. All Rights Reserved.